Why Choose OLL?
Our School At A Glance
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School in Slidell currently enrolls 450 students in grades pre-kindergarten to 7th. Our school is part of the large and vibrant Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, with a census of 1200 families, and the school is under the direction of the Archdiocese of New Orleans.
- We are fully accredited by the Louisiana State Department of Education.
- As a state accredited school, all of our teachers are appropriately certified or qualified as required.
- The principal, assistant principal and school social worker all have Master’s degrees.
- We are regionally accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS-CASI) as being a quality school that achieves excellence through high standards, quality assurance, and continuous improvement.
- Our test scores are consistently in the top 30% of the nation.
- Our students learn in a Catholic environment where our faculty has high expectations of academics, service, and Christ-like behavior.
- We are proud of our long Catholic tradition in Slidell; our school has been in continuous operation since 1929, moving to the present campus in 1960.
- Our Lady of Lourdes School has a strong commitment to service — for the community, the church, home and school.
- All students attend an activity-enrichment class every day: Art, Spanish, Music, PE, and Library.
- Extracurricular activities promote teamwork, academic achievement, individual abilities, and school spirit.
- A Men’s Club and Parent-Teacher Club provide tremendous support through volunteers, fundraising and input on School issues.
- We strive for good communication with our parents by using a variety of methods: (1) School Reach telephone notification system, (2) School emails, (3) Edline for online grades and homework, and (4) our school’s website, ollonline.com.
- To protect our students, “Safe-environment” training is mandatory, for parents and school employees. Parents who volunteer in the classroom, at after school activities, and attend field trips must all have this training and background check to participate.
- All Buildings incorporate a state-of-the–art security system, monitored by the front office. Every visitor to our school must ring a bell to be admitted into our reception foyer, and visitors must check in and receive a visitor’s pass. The entire campus is fenced, with additional security for our Pre-Kindergarten students in the form of an enclosed playground courtyard. Intercom and telephones are in every classroom for individualized communication and for school wide announcements.